9/3/12

Labor Day Weekend!

So this weekend, we had some family from western Oregon come and visit us for a couple days. Jaci (my sister) and I are really close friends with our cousins Corina and Elise, so we had a blast hanging out with them. We jammed to their Just Dance 3 wii game, went shopping at the outlet mall in North Bend, played Disney Apples-to-Apples, did some awesome music stuff, and watched one of my favorite Disney movies - Hercules. Good stuff.

 
Me, Josh Hutcherson, and Corina. We found this thing at the Toys R Us while shopping on Saturday. I personally think Josh Hutcherson looks way better as a brunette. But being made of cardboard...that's a bit different.


 
Elise, me, Corina and Jaci visited Snoqualmie Falls after church on Sunday. It's a great place to visit, especially on such a nice day!
 
Funny story I have to share... Sunday morning before church, I couldn't find my cell phone. Since there were thirteen of us, my dad, Uncle Jeff, Corina, Elise, Jaci and I rode seperately. While we were on the drive there, my dad turned around and asked me where my phone was. When I told him I didn't know, he said that he had just received a text from my phone that said, "come to churh.it is josiah." Then I was even more impressed when I got my phone back and saw that Josiah (my 7-year-old brother) had also texted "it josiah i love you." and sent a picture to my cousin Ryan. Wow! I don't think I would've been able to figure that out until I was at least 10. When I was 7, I played Snake on my mom's phone...

Anyways, I am about 6 or 7 chapters into 1 Kings. I'm really enjoying reading through all these books, and I'm amazed at how God is able to work through His servants. I also love seeing how King David and King Solomon are reflections of God. So cool!

I've loved having all this free time in the summer to read my Bible, but I know that as soon as school starts I'm not going to have very much of that because of volleyball and all the schoolwork. So I guess I just gotta stay disciplined in this area of life.

School... ugh. I'm so not ready to start. Summer just isn't long enough. But I have Saturday to look forward to!

Thanks for reading! Tell your friends! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment