9/8/12

Just Awed.

My, it's been a busy week.

School started on Tuesday. It was so great to see all my friends who live in the Bellevue area that I don't get to see very often when we're not in school. I remembered all my classes, which was quite the accomplishment for me. (Mostly from memory, anyway...)

Then on Thursday our volleyball team had our first game at Vashon High School. It was my first volleyball game since, like, seventh grade. We won the first set, but lost the last two sets so we lost the match. But JV 1 and Varsity both won their game! I love watching volleyball in general, but it's so fun to watch your friends play and win.

 
This is me on the left and my teammate and my amazing friend Janelle on the ferry over to Vashon Island for our volleyball game.


And this weekend was our school's Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Concert Choir retreat at Camp Casey on Whidbey Island. This is my first year playing in the select band, so I met a lot of new people that go to my school. Both the band and choir teachers are new this year too. I had such an amazing time getting to know the people on the retreat. We rehearsed quite a bit, roasted marshmallows around a good ol' campfire, star-tripped, had a fun time sleeping in a bunkdorm with my band and choir buddies, and played Sardines at the old military fort up the hill from the camp.


This picture was taken yesterday evening. The sunset was amazing! I wish I had brought a better camera to the retreat. It's hard to show something so beautiful in just a picture taken with a phone.

Something I really loved about this retreat was this morning. I decided to wake up an hour before our morning devotion and have some Jennifer-Jesus-talk-time and Bible reading. And just let me tell you - 7:00 in the morning on the beach, sitting on some driftwood watching the tide go out, not a person in sight, just a couple birds dawdling along the shore, the first rays of sun touching the water... and knowing that the God who created all of this cares about me? It's the most humbling thing.

So, thanks for tuning in. I've really had a great week, and I hope y'all did too. And a special shout-out to Mr. Benjamin Lee for being my first follower! Thanks bro! :D

Thanks for reading! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment