9/16/12

I'm Sick

"I'm sick... I'm dying... bring me some supplies."
"Okay, okay, what do you need?"
"Bring me medicine... and chocolate."
"Chocolate?"
*cough, cough* "I'm sick..."

As I write this blog, I'm sitting on the couch in my sweats, watching the Sunday Night Football game, blowing my nose every two or three minutes. I really hate being sick on Sundays because I can't go to church, then I'm stuck doing all my homework with a headache, and I can't go to youth group. To make matters worse, they don't usually nationally broadcast the Dallas Cowboys games either.

Today was especially bad because the Cowboys lost. There were like 3 turnovers in the first 5 minutes, Jason Witten dropped three really critical passes and Dez Bryant just did awful. But if my favorite team is gonna get a good beating it may as well be from my second favorite team, right?

Anyways, I did get to get into my Bible today. I'm a ways into 1 Kings, and right now Queen Jezebel is scaring the life out of Elijah while Ahab is in control over Israel. So far I've read through the lives of like six or seven different guys who "did what was evil in the sight of the LORD," and, lately, "did more evil than all the others that had gone before him" or something like that. It's pretty bad.

Throughout the entire Old Testament, God continually shows us why we need a Savior. Especially in the chapters I'm reading. My dad always says that "God gave us the Old Testament so that we can learn from others' mistakes."

What they did do was sin. We sin too. Can't really do much about that. We are, after all, by nature, sinful. But what they didn't do was repent of their sins and go after God. That's where they really messed up.

So take a lesson from those who would tell you to repent after seeing the eternal consequence of their sins. God will forgive you and welcome you with open arms.

Have a good week, and let's hope the Cowboys have better luck next time.

Thanks for reading!   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment