8/23/12

Second Try

Time for my second post! Woohoo!

So, what have I been up to lately? Well, I've been at volleyball tryouts all week, and I love it! Volleyball is just so much fun. Unfortunately, the coaches are gonna have to make some cuts. I'm not super concerned, but it's definitely a good motivator to work harder and keep up my game.


And today Jaci, my mom and I are going shopping at Bellevue Square. Jaci's earned a bunch of money from babysitting and extra chores around the house, and now she's ready to splurge for some back-to-school shopping!

Anyways, I've set a goal for my personal Bible reading. I'm going to try and get through 1 Samuel through 2 Chronicles by the end of 2012. If I finish early, I'll move on to Ezra, Nehemiah, then Esther. Right now I'm about two-thirds done with 2 Samuel.
This morning I was reading in 2 Samuel, chapter 19. Verse 28 says, "'All my grandfather’s descendants deserved nothing but death from my lord the king, but you gave your servant a place among those who eat at your table.'"

If you don't know the story of
Mephibosheth, basically, he was the late King Saul's son Jonathan's lame son. David and Jonathan made a pact to care for each other's children when one of them died. So when David became king after Saul, the whole house of Saul was killed, except for Mephibosheth and a couple of others.

Mephibosheth, however, was given the same kind of mercy and grace from King David that God gives us when we repent from our sins and turn our lives over to Jesus. I love it! It really goes to show how God has always had the plan to give up his son so that we can have life, and it's hinted at all through the Old Testament. I love it!

Well! You made it to the end of the post, meaning you didn't get bored. Seriously, thanks. You rock! Have an awesome day!

Oh, and tell your friends about my blog.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment