10/4/12

We don't even have to try, it's always a good time!

I am having just a great week.

On Monday the entire sophomore class went to the Woodland Park Zoo to do some research for a biology project. The assignment itself only took like 45 minutes and we just hung out the rest of the time. It was so fun!

 
Katie, me, Janelle, Laura, Brandon, and Allie finding out what it would be like to live in a meerkat cave.
I think the only bad thing that happened on Monday was that the Cowboys lost to the Bears. Not their greatest game...

Tuesday was okay. I had several quizzes, a test in Spanish, and auditions for All-State and All-Northwest bands. Kind of stressful.

But Wednesday through Friday we don't have school! It's our five-day weekend. All the teachers have a bunch of conferences, so we get a bunch of extra days off. On Tuesday night I got a solid twelve hours of sleep. That was some much-needed rest.

My mom, my aunt Julie and I hiked Rattlesnake Ledge on Wednesday. It's rated a 4-out-of-5 for difficulty, but the climb was oh-so-worth it!

 
Trust me when I say that this picture does not even come close to how awesome the view from up there is.
 
 
 
This picture was taken on a different day (those are my brothers) but you see that ledge up there that I circled in red? That's the ledge I was standing on in the previous picture! Pretty cool. Scary, but cool.
 
 
Aside from all that jazz, I just read 2 Kings 5. It's the story about the man Naaman who has leprosy. The prophet Elisha tells him to wash himself in some dirty water (the Jordan River) seven times to be healed. After some hesitation, Naaman does as Elisha says and he is healed.
 
I've heard that story several times growing up in the church. But I've never heard the rest of that story...
 
After he is healed of his leprosy, Naaman offers Elisha a reward for his help, which of course Elisha politely refuses. Gehazi, Elisha's servant, runs after Naaman a short time after he takes off. Gehazi tells Naaman that a couple young men from the company of prophets have arrived, and Elisha actually does want some stuff. Naaman happily gives two talents of silver (150 pounds) and two suits of clothing (very nice clothing at that).
 
Elisha, of course, does figure out what Gehazi did. So when Elisha asks Gehazi where he went, Gehazi tells Elisha that he didn't go anywhere. Then Elisha chews Gehazi out for doing this, and Gehazi and all his descendants were cursed with leprosy.
 
There are definitely more important things in life than worldly possessions. After all is said and done, where our heart is, there will our treasure be also.
 
Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your week! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment