10/14/12

Seahs and Shekels.

Our Indian summer has come to an end... It's fall, which means I'm wearing a sweater and fuzzy socks, eating soup and watching football (my Cowboys lost... AGAIN - but the Seahawks game was fun to watch!). But I'm behind in just about all of my school subjects so it also means I'm stuck at a desk working to catch up in math, Spanish, ethics, and English. But the weather outside is awful so I don't feel bad about staying inside all day.  : )

 
Some hot chocolate in my Vintage Minnie Mouse mug. Yummmmmmmmmmm


My life seems so boring sometimes. You could call it a rut.

But it really isn't. There's just nothing in my life worth writing about.

Anyway.

I read 2 Kings 7 this week and just couldn't go on because I had to read it over and over. I'm just that amazed.

So basically there's a drought in Israel. The cost of food is off the charts and the people are starving. The Israelites aren't on real good terms with the Arameans. Then one day, when all seems lost, Elisha says, "'Hear the word of the Lord. This is what the Lord says: About this time tomorrow, a seah of the finest flour will sell for a shekel and two seahs of barley for a shekel at the gate of Samaria.'
        "The officer on whose arm the king was leaning said to the man of God, 'Look, even if the Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?'" (v 1-2)

Then the very next day, some Israelite men find an abandoned Aramean camp outside the city. The scripture goes on to say, "They followed them as far as the Jordan, and they found the whole road strewn with the clothing and equipment the Arameans had thrown away in their headlong flight. So the messengers returned and reported to the king. Then the people went out and plundered the camp of the Arameans. So a seah of the finest flour sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley sold for a shekel, as the Lord had said." (v 15-16)

Does anybody else find this absolutely incredible? Amazing? Anything??

God always comes through on His word, even if He does so in a way that is not at all what we expect. It might even be even more awesome than we could imagine. I know He's done that for me lately.

Well, that's all I've got right now. Have a good week! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment