2/21/13

Trust me on this one.

Yeah, it's been a while. See, during the period of time I had time to blog, I had nothing to blog about. And then for the past couple weeks, I have had stuff to blog about but haven't had any time! So today you're going to get a lot of pictures.

My sister starred as the Pirate Queen in the junior high drama production of "Jolly Roger and the Pirate Queen." It was great.

 
 
 
 
I had a fabulous time at the Great Wolf Lodge on a youth retreat with Lifepointe!

 
Fooling around while playing Bananagrams. I'm on the far right and was not ready to have my picture taken, if you couldn't tell.
 
 
Catchphrase (I'm the one in the navy blue Dallas Cowboys t-shirt)
 
 
Photobombing a game of Bananagrams that started without me..
 
 
Worship was awesome, as always.
 
 
We have gone to Eagle Crest a couple times in the past month and a half. It's a resort in Central Oregon, and they have indoor pools, a golf course, a spa, and indoor sports. There's also plenty to do in Redmond, Bend, or Sisters (all of which are very close by) like white water rafting down the Deschutes river or exploring lava tubes.

 
Wallyball is one of my favorite things to do at Eagle Crest (it's like volleyball, but you get to play it off the walls!).
 

 
My grandparents and Uncle Steve and Aunt Kona came over for a visit. Like any Clark gathering, we had a heated game of the Settlers of Catan.

Aside from all my traveling adventures, I have also had my first job interview for a froyo shop opening up on the Ridge next month! I am super excited about that. Hopefully I'll get that job.

But guess what I'm even more excited for? This August, I'm going to El Salvador on a missions trip! I am unbelievably excited about that, since initially there weren't enough people to go. I'll get to share Jesus and practice my Spanish at the same time! Woohoo!

As far as Bible reading goes, I finished the book of Acts just last week. That may be one of my favorite books of the Bible now! Even if it's something that happened two millenniums ago, I still find the spread of God's Word and the gospel to all over the map just incredible and super exciting.

I've set a new Bible reading goal for the next few months, and that is to read the four gospel books straight through. Yesterday morning I started reading the book of Matthew. The genealogy stuff usually isn't that interesting to me (which is why I only read parts of 1 and 2 Chronicles), but a sidenote in my Bible caught my attention:
 


Tamar was a widow who slept with her father-in-law. Rahab was a prostitute who spied for the Israelites. Ruth was a penniless, immigrant widow who cared for her mother-in-law. Bathsheba was King David's partner in adultery. Yet they were all part of God's plan to send the Messiah.


How incredible is that? In spite of all their shortcomings, God still used them in the genealogy of Jesus. It's crazy (crazy awesome, anyway) to think that we have been called by God, sinners though we are. Just trust him - he's gonna use you in ways you don't even know.

Well, that's all I've got today. Have a good rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment